Proper Identification – (417) 868-4060
The State of Missouri requires voters to show proper identification when voting. Currently, the following types of identification are those permissible by law:
- Identification issued by the state of Missouri, an agency of the state, or a local election authority of the state
- Identification issued by the United States government or agency thereof
- Identification issued by an institution of higher education, including a university, college, vocational and technical school, located within the state of Missouri
- A copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that contains the name and address of the voter
- Driver’s license or state identification card issued by another state
Voters requesting an absentee ballot by mail who have registered by mail and have not voted in person are required to submit a copy of their personal identification unless they provided a copy with their registration application. However, this identification requirement, as well as the notary requirement for absentee ballots, does not apply to military, federal service, or overseas voters, or their immediate family living with them, nor does it apply to voters who are permanently disabled or the primary caregivers thereof.